Things to do
On-site activities and facilities include the following:
(Click on the map above to enlarge)
Important information regarding the Loskop dam itself:
The dam itself is governed by the Department of Water Affairs and the Mpumalanga Nature Reserve and the following rules are enforced:
- No speeding on the dam
- Only motorised boats will be accepted on the dam (no canoes)
- There are crocodiles and hippos in the dam
- No water activities allowed on the dam, such as: skiing, water-boarding, paragliding and jet-ski’s
- May not keep boats on the water over night, all boats need to be removed off of the water at sunset.
Activities and facilities in close vicinity:
- Mpumalanga Tourism & Parks Agency
- Loskop dam wall (historic value)
- 4 x 4 Routes
- Golf courses x 3
- Bird watching
Day Visitors Hours:
- Strictly from 07H00 – 17H00
- Late departures will be liable for a penalty fee as determined by Management.
- Only pre-booked Groups will be allowed over Weekends, Public Holidays and Peak Season Periods.
- Angling Day Visitors Hours: 05H00 – 17H00.